Lodging and Attractions


Frederick, Oklahoma




Frederick Lodging


Just Ducky
Overnight rentals of two-bedroom apartments
1621 North 13th Street
Frederick, OK  73542

580-335-2162

Scottish Inn
1015 South Main
Frederick, OK  73542

580-335-2129


Tanglewood Motel
1123 South Main
Frederick, OK  73542
www.tanglewood-harpermotel.com

580-335-7557


White's RV Park
1201 South Main
Frederick, OK  73542

580-335-3121



Frederick Attractions

The Pioneer Townsite Museum

200 North 9th (adjacent to the Tillman County Courthouse Square, west)

The block-square museum grounds represent a rural agricultural townsite from the 1920s.

The museum includes numerous authentic buildings, including Frederick's 1902 Frisco Depot, the 1902 one-room Horse Creek School, the 1924 St. Paul AME Church, and a farmhouse that was built at the site in 1924.

Popular exhibits include the story of President Theodore Roosevelt's visit to Frederick in 1905, the adventures of wolf hunter "Catch 'em Alive" Jack Abernathy, and the remarkable exploits of Abernathy's two sons, Bud and Temple. The exhibit includes an authentic 1910 Brush Runabout just like the one that the Abernathy boys drove home from New York City in 1910.



The Crawford Collection


117 North Main

The Crawford family's remarkable private collection of more than 160 animal trophy mounts from throughout the world.


The WW II Airborne Demonstration Team

Three miles southwest of Frederick

During World War II Frederick was home to Frederick Army Airfield, a training base that was located southwest of town.

Today the site of the former army airfield is home of Fredeick's municipal airport and the World War II Aireborne Demonstration Team.

The team, made up of members living throughout the United States and abroad, honors veterans through WW II style static line parachute jumps at events throughout the United States and Europe.

Their headquarters is an authentic WW II hangar from the Frederick Army Airfield days. A visit there is a step back in time. The hangar and its exhibits are a tribute to the heroic men who served our nation and often sacrificed their lives in World War II.


www.wwiiadt.org


The Ramona Theatre

114 South 9th Street

The Ramona Theatre was built in 1929 and billed as "The Showplace of the Southwest!" The wonderful old theatre fell on hard times in the 1970s and was closed before being acquired and restored in 1980 by the Frederick Arts and Humanities Council.

The Ramona was recently featured by Oklahoma Today Magazine in a cover story about Oklahoma's premier movie palaces.

The theatre is still owned and operated by the Frederick Arts and Humanities Council and is the site of many Frederick programs, movies, and other events.


www.ramonatheatre.com



Carnegie Library

101 East Grand

Frederick's Carnegie Library was built in 1917 and has served continuously since that time as the Frederick community's public library. The wonderful old structure has undergone few changes over the years and is a "must see" stop for history enthusiasts.


The Grand

Main and Grand Avenue, Downtown Frederick

The Hotel Frederick was built in 1929 as a truly grand hotel. It operated as a hotel for many decades before closing in the 1960s. It sat empty and deteriorating for many years before being brought back to life with a comnplete restoration in the 1990s. Today it serves as The Grand apartments and numerous businesses, including Frederick's Chamber of Commerce, line its wonderful lobby. The hotel's original coffee shop restaurant is now open as The Grand Coffee Shop. Breakfast or lunch at The Grand Coffee Shop comes complete with a side order of history!


The Studio of Mosaic Artist Jenny Perry


114 North Main

Frederick artist Jenny Perry works in mosaics, creating beautiful one-of-a-kind pieces. She maintains a studio at 114 North Main and welcomes visitors.

jennyperrymosaics.blogspot.com


Hackberry Flat Wetlands


South of Frederick

When this part of Oklahoma Territory was opened for settlement in 1901, a nine-square-mile area south of Frederick called Hackberry Flat was a natural wetlands area, holding water and attracting millions of birds. Farmers in the new territory considered the wetlands a waste of potential farmland, so found a way to drain the wetlands. It remained dry for 90 years until a partnership between businesses, individuals, numerous public and private groups, and the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation secured the land in the 1990s and restored it as a wetlands.

The area again attracts scores of birds, especially in the spring and fall as birds make the area a stop on their migratory "Mid-America" flyway! A Hackberry Flat educational center was built at the site in 2007, and the facility often attracts bird lovers from around the nation and the world.


www.wildlifedepartment.com/education/hackberry_flat